Application due date: Friday, 11 May 2018
Do you have questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council (MAC) Scholarship Fund was established in 2013. The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolled for undergraduate study in community colleges, colleges, and universities. The MAC Scholarship principally targets Active Duty Air Force members stationed at Barksdale AFB, but the program is also open to Air Force Reserve members assigned to Barksdale AFB. Scholarships are awarded annually provided funds are available.
The Shreveport-Bossier MAC awards scholarships on the basis of a comprehensive process. Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following criteria: Academic Accomplishments, Academic & Professional Goals, Community Service, Demonstrated Leadership Potential, and Financial Need. The Shreveport-Bossier MAC pays $1,000 scholarship funds directly to the recipient upon proof of enrollment in an accredited community college or university. Scholarships are awarded each year in June. The Shreveport-Bossier MAC scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. The number of scholarships awarded is based upon the availability of funds and additional qualifying criteria.
- Applicants must have completed high school successfully with a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by Friday, 11 May 2018.
- Scholarship recipients will receive their check upon proof of enrollment in a post-secondary program at an accredited community college or university.
- If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you.
- You will be notified by phone, email or mail in late May regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please email email@example.com.
- Click here to download the application form or fill out the online form below.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of acceptance at an accredited community college or university for post-secondary studies.
- Award notification will be given by end of May 2018.
- Award amounts will be distributed in June 2018 at the Barksdale Club. Further details TBD.
Please mail applications to:
Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council
Attn: Scholarship Program
PO Box 1661
Shreveport, LA 71165
2018 Annual Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council Scholarship Application
(4 page application form—to be filled out by nominee)
The deadline for this application to be received by the Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council is Friday, 11 May 2018 at 1630. No exceptions!!